Improve Your Dental Health with TMJ Treatment in Boca Raton
You may be surprised to learn that over 10 million Americans struggle with a TMJ disorder. More than just an annoyance related to your temporomandibular joints (TMJ), it can get in the way of your daily life. Popping or clicking sounds during meals can be embarrassing. Chronic jaw pain can keep you distracted during the day and affect your sleep at night. Fortunately, Dr. Schwartz offers TMJ treatment in Boca Raton. With his help, you can:
- Enjoy your favorite meals without noisy jaw sounds
- Live your life without chronic jaw pain
- Lessen or eliminate unpleasant TMJ symptoms
- Get a restful sleep without clenching or grinding your teeth
- Keep your teeth intact and avoid harming your smile
Call 561-566-5476 for an appointment.
Manage Your TMJ Problem With Effective Treatment
A TMJ disorder results when those small joints on either side of your jaw become inflamed. It can happen due to injury, misalignment, or arthritis, just to name a few causes. This disorder can also lead to teeth grinding or clenching, jaw pain, and other painful symptoms. When you meet with Dr. Schwartz, he will discuss solutions to alleviate your discomfort and preserve your smile.
To start, we’ll take digital X-rays to determine the ideal treatment option. We’ll also make recommendations for restorative procedures, if you have cracked or chipped teeth because of teeth grinding. Depending on our findings, we may recommend:
- Occlusal Bite Guards – This bite guard fits over your teeth and acts like a cushion, relieving the pressure of your grinding or clenching habits.
- Bite Planes – This device will prevent you from pressing down with grinding or clenching. It rests on your front teeth and reduces the stress on your jaw.
In addition, your dentist may also recommend Invisalign as a long-term solution to your TMJ problems. Fixing alignment issues will often alleviate the issue. Most patients complete Invisalign treatment in about 12 to 18 months. You can look forward to a beautiful smile without the pain much sooner than with traditional orthodontic solutions.
Call 561-566-5476 for TMJ treatment in Boca Raton. You can also .